Monday, March 22, 2010

Demonstration Speech Self-Evaluation


Let’s start with my strong points: I believe that the informational content of my speech was good and that I was able to explain the topic in an organized way that progressed well and made more sense as my speech continued. I also think that I had really good use of visual aids and that the helmets and materials were extremely useful, effective and necessary in demonstrating my topic. If I were to give another demonstration speech I would not change my topic or make and significant changes to my visual aids. Overall I think that I did a pretty good job on my demonstration speech, but there was definitely room for improvement.


I think that I could improve a lot on my demonstration speech if I had the opportunity to do it again. If I did my speech a second time I would practice a lot more in front of an audience, I rehearsed my speech a lot but few times in front of many people and when doing it in class I found I was more nervous and flustered.


I would really want to focus more on the physical presentation and improve my eye contact and body language. While, watching the video I saw that I really was not making much eye contact with the audience and I could see that I looked nervous and almost unprepared. I would also need to work on my volume, fluctuations, tone, and pitch. I think that if I had worked more on these things my speech would have been more effective and drawn in the audience more.

No comments:

Post a Comment